I became a fan of these brujas via Labyrinth Lost. The story was so rich and captivating, and I couldn't wait to get to know the other Mortiz sisters better. I must admit, I was even more impressed by Lula's story.
Lula was struggling with the new family dynamic following their return from Los Lagos. She had to adjust to her sister, Alex, being this powerful witch, her own disfigurement, and the return of her father. Let's just say, that Lula was NOT embracing all the changes in her home life. But she had Maks, or at least she thought she did. When the school bus was involved in a catastrophic accident, Lula found herself the lone survivor, but because she was not ready to move on, she made the mistake of misusing her magic to bring Maks back to life....sort of.
Córdova definitely upped her game in this book. There was so much magic and mayhem, I was in overload, and I loved it!
• Like I said - so much magic! We got to see a lot of different characters tap into their magic, and there were some really cool powers revealed, but what really excited me was what we found out about Rose's power, and it was VERY interesting.
• More of the bruja world was revealed and Lady de la Murerte and the casimuertos were utterly fascinating. If you like zombies, I think you will enjoy the casimuertos.
• The sisters spent most of the book working together to solve the problems they created, and I loved the way they played off each other. But, it was not only the sisters who came together, we got to see
• Mom and Dad join the action, and many other members of their magical community as well.
I really enjoyed getting to meet some of the members of the Thorne Hill Alliance and the Knights of Lavant. I can already tell, that I am going to love these guys, and I hope we get more of them in Rose's book.
• There were a LOT of action scenes in this book, and I know they had my heart pumping.
As she did in the previous book, Córdova deftly wove in Latin culture, which just elevated the story.
I want to thank Córdova for the wild ride. It was magical and action-packed, and filled with family and love. I am SO looking forward to Rose's book, and learning more about that little peek we got at the very end of this book.
*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.
BLOG | INSTAGRAM |TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | FRIEND ME ON GOODREADS