Bookhype is owned and operated by Nose Graze Limited ("we", "us"). This agreement outlines the Terms of Service for using bookhype.com ("Site"), its APIs, and other related services ("Services"). By signing up on bookhype.com you agree to be bound by these terms ("Terms").
Nose Graze Limited reserves the right to add, delete, or modify the terms of service at any time. It is your responsibility to periodically review these Terms and Conditions to stay informed of updates. You will be subject to, and will be deemed to have been made aware of and to have accepted, the changes in any revised Terms and Conditions by your continued use of the Site after the date such revised Terms and Conditions are posted.
Use of Service
- You may not access any other user's account without their permission.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password.
- By default, all content you post, including your user profile and reviews, will be made public. You can opt out by deliberately checking the option(s) to make your profile or content private. Nose Graze Limited may not be held responsible for content unintentionally made public.
- If you opt in to our email newsletter you are agreeing to receive periodic email communications from Nose Graze Limited. You may opt out or change your preferences at any time.
- You may not access the Site through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script, or otherwise.
- You may not attempt to disrupt or interfere with the operation of the Site.
The Service allows you to upload, publish, and display content ("Contributions" or "Content"). Examples include: reviews of books, comments, and information available on your profile (including usernames).
Content you submit must adhere to the following rules:
- You must hold the copyright to the content, or you must otherwise have a legal license to use the content in the manner in which you've submitted it.
- Content must not be unlawful, offensive, obscene, threatening, racist, or otherwise inflammatory.
- You must not impersonate any other person or entity.
- You must not solicit personal information from any other user, including full address, or phone number.
- Spamming is not permitted. This includes posting the same content repeatedly or making pointless threads or replies.
- Usernames may not contain profanity, offensive content, or trademarked material.
For a continued list of content rules, please consult the content rules policy. The content rules are an extension of these Terms, and in signing up you agree to follow the rules in full.
Nose Graze Limited may use its discretion in determining whether or not content violates the above rules. If found to be in violation, we reserve the right to remove, hide, delete, or otherwise moderate the content with or without notice.
You are solely responsible for your Contributions to the Site and you expressly agree to indemnify Nose Graze Limited and exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Contributions.
Loss of Data
We will maintain certain data that you transmit to the Site for the purpose of managing the Site, as well as data relating to your use of the Site. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are solely responsible for all data that you transmit or that relates to any activity you have undertaken using the Site.
You agree that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss or corruption of such data.
Rights You Grant Us
You own the intellectual property in the content you submit to our Service. By contributing content to our Service, you grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, perform, translate, distribute, excerpt, and display your content in any media associated with our Service, including for commercial purposes. This includes your content and any public name(s) or avatar(s) under which you post such content.
In short: we do not, and will not, claim ownership of your content; we simply need the right to store and display it. We also have the right to use and display affiliate links on the same page that your content appears (such as on the book listing page, which may contain both a purchase link and an excerpt of your review).
Website Content & Limitations
Unless otherwise noted, all materials on this Site, including design, graphics, text, pictures, and other files ("Content"), are the intellectual property of Nose Graze Limited, its licensors, and/or the respective book publisher(s).
The content on this Site is provided as is for your information and personal use only. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, no part of the Service or Content may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written permission, or the respective intellectual property owner.
Termination of Service
Nose Graze limited reserves the right to suspend or terminate any accounts—or otherwise deny access to the Service—for any reason, and without notice. If your account access has been revoked, you are not permitted to create another account in an attempt to bypass that suspension or termination.
Third-Party Websites and Content
This Site may contain links to other websites ("Third-Party Websites"). Such Third-Party Websites are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third-Party Websites accessed through the Site or any Third-Party Content posted on, available through, or installed from the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices, or other policies of or contained in the Third-Party Websites or the Third-Party Content.
Inclusion of, linking to, or permitting the use or installation of any Third-Party Websites or any Third-Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third-Party Websites or to use or install any Third-Party Content, you do so at your own risk, and you should be aware these Terms and Conditions no longer govern.
You agree and acknowledge that we do not endorse the products or services offered on Third-Party Websites and you shall hold us harmless from any harm caused by your purchase of such products or services. Additionally, you shall hold us harmless from any losses sustained by you or harm caused to you relating to or resulting in any way from any Third-Party Content or any contact with Third-Party Websites.
DMCA Copyright Infringement
Nose Graze Limited complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you believe your work's copyright has been infringed upon, please provide us with the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work that has allegedly been infringed;
- A description of the material that is allegedly infringing on the copyright, and a link to its exact location;
- Your email address;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed upon.
Send these details to [email protected]
The Site is provided on an as-is and as-available basis. We do not provide any guarantees with regards to site availability or uptime. You agree that your use of the Site and our Services will be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the Site and your use thereof, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the Site's content or the content of any websites linked to the site and we will assume no liability or responsibility for any:
- errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content and materials;
- personal injury or property damange, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the site;
- any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein;
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the site;
- any errors or omissions in any content and materials or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the site.
We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Site, or any hyperlinked website.
These Terms and your use of the Site are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom. You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United Kingdom courts for any matter or dispute arising in relation to these Terms.
These Terms were last updated 23 June 2020.