1. the insta-love was too much to take, making the romance pretty unbelievable
2. everyone is SO stereotypical - the heroine doesn’t realize her magical abilities, she’s shy and inexperienced, she’s big-hearted, etc., while the hero is terrifyingly powerful, etc. etc. etc.
3. the conflict feels very watered down - wilson heavily hints at plots to come in later books but does not flesh out this book’s conflict
4. i haven’t read the rest of the series (and don’t know if i will), but i highly, highly suspect this should have been part one of a longer book
seeing as this did not do anything original and missed the mark for me, i’m not sure i’ll continue. that being said, i did enjoy reading it and being 1/5 through the storyline might break me…i do want to find out what happens!
- Started reading
- 17 July, 2016: Finished reading
- 17 July, 2016: Reviewed