Children of Ruin follows Adrian Tchaikovsky's extraordinary Children of Time, winner of the Arthur C. Clarke award. It is set in the same universe, with a new cast of characters and a thrilling new narrative.
It has been waiting through the ages.
Now it's time . . .
Thousands of years ago, Earth's terraforming program took to the stars. On the world they called Nod, scientists discovered alien life - but it was their mission to overwrite it with the memory of Earth. Then humanity's great empire fell, and the program's decisions were lost to time.
Aeons later, humanity and its new spider allies detected fragmentary radio signals between the stars. They dispatched an exploration vessel, hoping to find cousins from old Earth.
But those ancient terraformers woke something on Nod better left undisturbed.
And it's been waiting for them.
'Tchaikovsky is the break-out star of contemporary British SF . . . Big, brilliant space opera, now with added octopuses' - Guardian
Deluxe edition - limited to 350 numbered copies and 52 lettered copies.
- Book Size: Royal (234mm x 156mm)
- Offset printed on 80gsm Munken Pure, a premium acid free archival paper.
- Printed and bound long grain.
- Smyth-Sewn binding.
- Metallium cloth covered boards.
- Jackets feature a ‘soft touch’ coating for a luxurious look and feel.
- Coloured head, tail bands and endpapers.