Kids 12 and up can discover ways to work toward a better future in this illustrated workbook guiding them to reflect on their understanding of race—from the #1 New York Times bestselling author of How to Be an Antiracist.
Antiracism is not a destination but a journey—one that takes deliberate, consistent work. Dr. Ibram X. Kendi's concept of antiracism has changed the way we talk about race, equality, and justice in America, pointing us toward new ways of thinking about ourselves and our society. Young people must be included in conversations on race, which is why Dr. Kendi has created this workbook with bestselling YA author Nic Stone for readers age twelve and up.
Reflection questions include:
- Have you ever tried to change something about yourself to fit in? Did it work? Why or why not?
- How does the word racist feel when you hear or say it? Is it a weapon or a descriptor? Why?
- Why is empathy an important tool for any antiracist's toolbox?
Whether or not you've read How to Be a (Young) Antiracist, this workbook offers the opportunity to reflect on your personal commitment to antiracism and is a log of your journey toward a better future.
- ISBN10 0593234855
- ISBN13 9780593234853
- Publish Date 31 January 2023
- Publish Status Forthcoming
- Publish Country US
- Imprint One World Books
- Format Paperback (US Trade)
- Pages 160
- Language English
- URL https://penguinrandomhouse.com/books/isbn/9780593234853