Most Catholic parishes struggle with basic financial issues like budgeting, internal financial controls, and financial planning. Canon law places the responsibility for parish finances squarely on the lap of the pastor; but pastors typically aren't versed in financial matters-their gifts reside elsewhere. Lacking training on these important topics, many parishes employ a parish business manager, but their background and competence in addressing these critical issues varies widely. Church leaders at all levels need a single comprehensive source, written in a style that they can understand, to guide them through the steps needed to ensure an effective, as well as an accountable and transparent, financial process.
This book delivers on all of these needs. It is:
* Practical - Is a resource that is solution-oriented. The book not only teaches concepts but provides solutions for parish leaders on the go.
* Accessible - Clarifies key terminology, offers easy-to-use templates and turns "complex" concepts into action oriented tools.
* Best-in-Class - Includes the strongest research that provides the foundation for techniques and tactics that can be used in everyday situations.
* Interactive - Uses case study and/or reflection questions to engage readers and helps readers go from learning to understanding and practicing the concepts.
* Forward-Looking - Provides readers with meaningful resources for further study, including books, web sites, and articles.
This book serves as an indispensable one-stop guide to understanding parish finances.
- ISBN10 0809149958
- ISBN13 9780809149957
- Publish Date 1 November 2016
- Publish Status Active
- Publish Country US
- Imprint Paulist Press International,U.S.
- Format Paperback
- Pages 176
- Language English