From BSFA Award winning author Gareth L. Powell comes the first in a new epic sci-fi trilogy exploring the legacies of war The sentient warship Trouble Dog was built for violence, yet following a brutal war, she is disgusted by her role in a genocide. Stripped of her weaponry and seeking to atone, she joins the House of Reclamation, an organisation dedicated to rescuing ships in distress. When a civilian ship goes missing in a disputed system, Trouble Dog and her new crew of loners, captained by Sal Konstanz, are sent on a rescue mission.
Meanwhile, light years away, intelligence officer Ashton Childe is tasked with locating the poet, Ona Sudak, who was aboard the missing spaceship. What Childe doesn't know is that Sudak is not the person she appears to be. A straightforward rescue turns into something far more dangerous, as Trouble Dog, Konstanz and Childe find themselves at the centre of a conflict that could engulf the entire galaxy. If she is to save her crew, Trouble Dog is going to have to remember how to fight...
Deluxe limited edition published by Anderida Books via Planet Nine Press. Features:
- First time the book has been published in hardback.
- New cover artwork by Tomislav Tikulin.
- Interior printed on 2 colour litho on 100gsm Munken Pure, topped with head and tail bands.
- Smyth-sewn for a quality and enduring binding.
- Hardback boards are 2500 micron thick and covered in a premium metallic cloth, with hot foil stamping to the spine.
- Limited to 350 signed and numbered copies.