Bookhype may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. Full disclosure.
What have been the major developments - and the failures and successes - in English social policy from the Old Poor Law to the present day? Professor Jones sets out to answer these questions by taking the major problems of sickness, crime, squalor, lack of education etc, and seeing how different groups of people in different periods have tackled them. This book is intended for students of social policy and anyone concerned with recent developments in English society.
- ISBN10 048512162X
- ISBN13 9780485121629
- Publish Date 1 September 2000 (first published 1 January 1991)
- Publish Status Out of Print
- Out of Print 4 October 2005
- Publish Country GB
- Publisher Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Imprint Continuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Edition 3rd Revised edition
- Format Paperback (UK Trade)
- Pages 288
- Language English